It’s been one year since I wrote a bit about a ruckus in the night, snapped a couple of embarrassingly horrendous pictures of a cocktail, hit “Publish” (and then squealed a little in terror).
Let me tell you, that first post was a resounding success with my mom and dad. However, hoping to branch out just a skosche further than my familial focus group, I opened up the internet and started taking copious notes and pilfering knowledge…
From gems such as these….
And of course….
So in honor of you guys, and so many others, letting me haunt your sites and pick your brains a bit, we are going to celebrate with a complete overhaul of that first tipple – The Post Call Flip – now a wonderfully frothy cocktail with the coziness of bold coffee & bourbon and a sweet hit of amaretto + the spice of Fee’s. Feel free to smash cake along with me if you’d like.
- 1½ oz Bourbon
- 1½ oz Double Strength Coffee, cooled
- ½ oz Amaretto
- ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- 1- 2 dashes of Fee's Old Fashioned Bitters
- 1 Egg White
- Cinnamon-Sugar (garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker, making sure to add the egg white last.
- Shake heartily for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove lid and add a handful of ice.
- Replace lid and shake heartily again for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe or martini glass that has been rimmed with cinnamon-sugar. Serve Immediately.